Tuesday 29 January 2013

Swatch: Enchanted Hey Jude and Octopus's Garden

Getting my hands on all six of the Enchanted Beatles Collection polishes from Llarowe at once was a huge coup for me. I'd spotted the polishes on her site months earlier, but they were always sold out. I'm not the biggest fan of holo polishes (or, at least, I wasn't) but the gorgeous colours were too hard to resist, and combined with those names (I've been a Beatles fan as long as I can remember), well, I knew I had to get them!

The next time the restock rolled around, I camped out on my work computer- 1pm restocks are 9am for me and normally I'm busy at that time, but luckily it coincided with a fairly easy day, right before Christmas.  

I refreshed and refreshed, and once they became available I clicked like a maniac to get them into my cart. I was terrified of cartjacking, as I'd heard all about people's frustrations with it. I went to pay- and had issues with my paypal account! It took me a ridiculous number of tries to log into it, and I still don't know what the problem was. With a sinking heart, I finally managed to log in- and the polishes were still there! It was a glorious victory, and I may have performed a happy dance in my office (which luckily no one was around to see)!
When they arrived, I was smitten.



L-R Across the Universe, Hey Jude, I am the Walrus, Magical Mystery Tour, Octopus's Garden and Mean Mr Mustard (don't ask why the last two are out of alphabetical order!)

Something I loved about these polishes, without even trying them on, was how cute the boxes are.

Six colours and only 10 fingernails gave me a huge dilemma- which polish to try first? I tried to pick one, and failed, and finally settled on two.


Octopus's Garden and Hey Jude.


I love the sparkle in them! This photo was taken with the flash on to catch the holo glitter.


I decided to use one colour on my thumb and ring finger, and the other colour on the remaining three fingers, with my right hand being the opposite of my left. This is three coats, over Sally Hansen Miracle Cure, and with one coat of Orly Sec n Dry as topcoat.

I found application pretty easy- the formula is thin, so I definitely needed the three coats for coverage. Because each coat was thin, I thought my nails would dry quicker than they did. They appeared dry before I put the topcoat on, but as you'll see in the 'after' photos below, appearances were deceiving!


I'd read somewhere that the only way to really show off the range of colours in a multichrome polish, you need to photograph it under water. So I dunked my fingers in a glass of water. You can see that Hey Jude, as well as being a gorgeous green colour, also has some flashes of purple and blue in it, while Octopus's Garden runs from purple to pink and orange.

I'd been a bit hesitant at first to get the three purple-ish colours, unconvinced there'd be much of a difference. I'm so glad I did get them all- I swatched them on some paper and the difference there was much more obvious than it was in the bottle.


I wore the polish for three days and for the most part only had minimal tip wear, except for on the edge of my thumb, which I'm beginning to realise is my 'weak spot' (I use that part of my finger to hit the spacebar when I'm typing so it gets a lot of use!). So I'm very happy with how the polish lasted on me. My main issue was that with three thin coats, it appeared dry and wasn't- you can see the wrinkling on my pinkie which happened about 10 minutes after I took the first set of photos. So lesson learnt- I'll sit and wait for this polish to dry a bit longer next time.

This is an 'after' picture (you can see the wear on the tips) but I love how it shows off Hey Jude. Such a gorgeous green! I'm really looking forward to trying the other colours, and I hope I can get my hands on whatever Enchanted Polish comes up with in the future too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment