Saturday 23 February 2013

Swatches: Different Dimension

In a sad moment this morning, I cut my nails back- both because of a broken nail and because next week labs start up again and long nails certainly won't last long in that environment!

So I looked through my 'Yet to Post' folder, and found a couple of swatches from a week or so back, when my nails were longer. I swatched these as soon as I got them, and was in the process of trying out different angles/ways to photograph, so they're a bit random, and I'll hopefully get the chance to post about these again.


First up is Doppleganger, and is also the only one I ended up taking a picture of with the bottle. Doppleganger has pink and white glitters in a grey jelly base. This photo shows three layers, and I think it's wonderfully subtle, while still giving a nice burst of glitter. I also think it'd work well over a grey (naturally) or even a blue base.




Next is On Wednesday's We Wear Pink, which is various pink glitters in a pink base. It's so pretty and girly, and I love it! Again, this is three layers, and I think it's just so summery and happy.


Next, Rock Paper Scissors Lizard Spock. This polish has a blue jelly base, with white, black, grey and blue glitters, and just a smattering of pale green glitter too. This is three layers, and I was pleasantly surprised how well the colour build up.


Finally, my favourite of the bunch- Hanna. I love this polish so much, enough  that I was so distracted looking at it that I failed to take any decent pictures. This polish is a clear/pale purple base absolutely packed full of white, pink and purple microglitters. I've never tried a microglitter polish before, and mostly they didn't do anything for me, but this one has made me fall in love! I bought it because I have a secret love of Pretty Little Liars, and Hanna is my favourite character. Now I love it to bits and look forward to wearing it again- and taking some better pictures too. This is 2-3 layers- two layers gave almost complete coverage, and I just needed to patch a few places.

I have a couple other Different Dimension polishes that I bought at the same time and can't wait to try them out. I really love the formula of these- none were too runny nor too thick- they were all just right.


2 comments:

  1. Since you wear a lot of glitter polishes, do you have any tricks on getting the polish off? I always have trouble.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeedy- there are two methods I use.

      Firstly, the Foil Method

      You'll need:
      nail polish remover
      10 cotton balls (or something similar)
      10 pieces of aluminium foil, each about 3 inches square.

      Put polish remover on a cotton ball, press it onto your nail, and then wrap the piece of foil around it until it's held in place. Repeat for all 10 nails. Wait around 10 minutes (you might need a little longer if your polish remover is acetone free). When the time is up, I press down on the nail through the foil, then pull the foil and cotton bud off in one go. Voila! Goodbye glitter polish!

      The other thing I do is to use regular PVA glue as a basecoat- use a paintbrush to paint a thin coat over your nail instead of regular basecoat, and wait for it to dry (it'll dry clear). Then put your polish on as usual. To remove, you just need to peel from the edge (either using another nail or an orange stick) and the whole thing will peel off without damaging your nail. This only lasts about 24 hours for me, since I have oily nailbeds and polish doesn't last long on me anyway, but some people have it last up to 5 days, even with getting their hands wet a lot.

      Hope those ideas help- let me know how you get on with them!

      Delete