Tuesday 19 February 2013

Swatch: Ginza (Elevation Polish) & Guinevere (A-England)

I've had a very good and lucky week, polish wise, and it's only Tuesday! Not only did I score a bargain on two Butter London polishes on Monday (I would have bought as many as possible, but at $20 a pop they're still pretty expensive, even if that's 30% off!), but at lunchtime, on my way back from picking up sushi, I spotted a 1/2 price OPI sign at a pharmacy, and managed to snag Going Gonzo, which I've wanted for ages, and one more polish. Hopefully this is a sign that my two long delayed polish parcels will arrive this week.

For today's polish swatch, I've actually moved my schedule around a little, because one of these polishes is going to stop being sold this week, and I wanted to say, while I have the chance, how pretty it is.


Elevation Polish Ginza, over A-England Guinevere





Ginza, by Elevation Polish, is a glitter topper with a clear base, packed with tiny glitters in silver, blue, green and gold- a combination I adore. And then, to top it all off, there's also a scattering of red polish too, which adds a while other dimension. I wanted a paler colour as the base, to really show off the colours of the glitter, so I decided on A-England Guinevere, a pale dusky mauve.


I started with one layer of Guinevere over a basecoat, and really expected to need more coats to make it opaque. I've been pleased with the coverage of the darker A-Englands was but sure a pale colour like this would need multiple coats- and boy was I wrong! Over that I layered 2-3 coats of Ginza, as I wanted as much glitter as possible. Here's where my only issue with Elevation Polishes crops up- the formula is a bit thick for my tastes, which means that the polish on my nails was really thick to get the look I wanted. But that's nothing that can't be fixed with a bit of polish thinner.


Overall, I really like the effect, and got lots of positive compliments on the combination. I ended up putting a matte topcoat over it on the second day, which muted the glitter ever so slightly, but not enough to be very noticeable. I think the glitter combination is quite unique- I've got a few polishes which have the silver/blue/green combination, but that little pop of red just, well, elevates it, I guess!

Ginza is being retired after the next Elevation Polish restock on the 22nd, so if you haven't gotten your hands on it yet, there's still some time!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, and thank you for following! I'll definitely check your blog out. :)

    ReplyDelete