Saturday 20 April 2013

Month of A-England: Chevron nails with Galahad and Ascalon

It was about time I used my absolute favourite A-England polish in a manicure for this month. I also wanted to try chevron or reverse french nails, and when I looked through my stash of A-England colours, I realised that not only had I not tried Ascalon at all yet, but it would contrast fantastically with Galahad.


Galahad is a gorgeously creamy creme tealy-blue polish. I adore polishes in the turquoise/teal part of the spectrum and yet Galahad is a colour I haven't come across anywhere else. It's also really hard to capture accurately- I think my second picture, just below, is the closest of my pictures. I used two coats of Galahad here, but it's actually decent enough as a one-coater. Ascalon is a grey-base holographic polish that flashes purple. I used just one coat of this.





Considering it's my first time doing chevron nails, I'm quite pleased, other than my index finger where it went a bit wonky. I use easy peel tape, and stick it a few times onto the back of my hand to take off some of the sticky which usually helps me peel the tape off a bit easier!


I'm so pleased with how my ring finger in particular turned out, and I love the contrast between the holo finish of the Ascalon and the creme finish of the Galahad. I'll definitely be using this combo again, and the chevron was easier to do than expected. Really pleased with how it ended up.


No comments:

Post a Comment