Saturday 19 January 2013

Swatch: Emily de Molly's Flurocious

In my ever growing wishlist of polishes, a large portion are by Emily de Molly. There's something about the gorgeous base colours and bold glitters that just catches my eye. And it drives me somewhat crazy that, despite being only a hop, skip and a jump from Australia, rules and regulations stop me from ordering direct from the etsy store. Luckily, Llarowe.com sells these delightful polishes, and I managed to get my hold on Flurocious.

I love neon pink, and always have, so I knew I had to have this polish as soon as I saw it. And then, to my surprise and delight, when I opened the package and saw it in real life, I realised that photos do not do it justice. In reality the colour just pops!


The polish has a creamy neon pink base, and contains black and white glitters in a variety of shapes and sizes- large and small squares and medium hexs in black, and large and medium hexs and small squares in white.




It took three coats, over Sally Hansen Miracle cure as a base, to get it fully opaque. I didn't place any of the glitters, but I wish I'd moved them around a bit more on my pinky to avoid having three large black squares next to each other. I topped it with one layer of Orly Sec 'n Dry, and it was perfectly smooth.


The polish was so bright and cheerful that it made me smile whenever I looked at it for the three days I wore it.


I was very pleased to see that there was only minimal tip wear with this polish, which rarely happens when I wear glitters- normally I get big chips with glitter heavy polish. I could have happily carried on wearing this for more than 3 days, but I caught the edge of my ring finger against the door and lost a big chunk. I think the tip wear could even have been hidden completely with a swipe of colour along the tip. I love polish that has the potential to last on me for longer than a few days!

I'm really looking forward to seeing if other Emily de Molly polishes wear this well on me- and look this good! Harmony just arrived in the post, so my collection now stands at two!


I'm really looking forward to swatching the new one- and hopefully snagging some more from Llarowe in the next restock!

No comments:

Post a Comment