Tuesday 12 February 2013

V-day nails: Different Dimension Aorta Miss You over A-England Lady of the Lake

When my Different Dimension polish order arrived last week, I was overjoyed. Not just because I now own 8 more gorgeous polishes from a brand I hadn't tried before, but because one of the polishes I wanted to wear for Valentine's Day week had arrived! As soon as I saw 'Aorta Miss You But I Don't' on the Different Dimension shop, I loved it for its colours, but also because I knew it'd be perfect for this week. 

Different Dimension Aorta Miss You But I Don't, over A-England Lady of the Lake.


Aorta Miss You is a gorgeous polish, and unfortunately I didn't get a good picture of the bottle. It's packed with fuchsia and garnet coloured hexes, purple hearts and a sprinkling of holographic microglitter for maximum sparkle. Gotta say, I love the name too- I teach Anatomy so puns like this are right up my street!



Once I got my hands on this polish, I only had one issue- what to wear underneath it. I wanted something that would compliment the polish, without overpowering it. I swatched over all of the pinks and purples in my collection before I found one I thought looked perfect. I'm lucky I got my massive A-England order a few weeks back.


I decided on Lady of the Lake- the purple matches well with the heart glitters, and since I wanted the sparkliest manicure I could get, I thought the holographic sheen of Lady of the Lake would work really well.


I started with two coats of Lady of the Lake. It's such a great polish that I could have almost gotten away with one coat.

I love the sparkle of this polish. I've blurred this one a little with the flash on to try and show the great shine. I couldn't capture it accurately any other way! I'm really, really proud of my application of this polish, and of my clean up. I still need to get my cuticles in order, but I'm quite impressed with myself.


And then I topped with two coats Aorta Miss You But I Don't. I'm absolutely in love with this- it's so sparkly, but without being too in-your-face. There are some reflective curl glitters- like the red hex on the left side of my index finger- but they're definitely a reflective curl, rather than an actual curled or taco'd glitter. I only used one layer of topcoat, as slightly glitter-bumpy nails don't bother me, but you might need two or three to get complete smoothness.


My only complaint is that I had a hell of a time trying to get the hearts out. I can see them on the sides of the bottle, but only managed to get two out, which I ended up placing on my thumb and ring finger. I don't mind the issue with the hearts though, since I think the polish is so beautiful even without them!

I've been wearing this combination for two days now, and have absolutely no tip wear on my left hand! I'm really impressed. I'll be taking it off tomorrow so I can do another set of V-day nails this week, but I suspect the wear after the third day will be much the same!

I've loved this combination, and I can't wait to try the other Different Dimension polishes that came in the order.

My roommate immediately tried Rock Paper Scissors Lizard Spock, over Hits Hello Kitty Mint.

It is GORGEOUS. I can't wait to try this one myself.



4 comments:

  1. I just bought a ton of nail polish and some nail art supplies. This is all your fault.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's fantastic! You'll have to take some pictures of your nails and show me!

      Delete
  2. Different Dimension Aorta Miss You But I Don't, over A-England Lady of the Lake. <3 I really want this nail polish lol. so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they both just lovely polishes? I was so happy to discover Different Dimension polishes, and to finally get my hands on some A-Englands! I hope you manage to get hold of them sometime!

      Delete