Tuesday 2 April 2013

Month of A-England: Iseult and Elaine dotticure

A few months back, when A-England had that awesome sale (which then turned a bit crazy with shipping restrictions and whatnot) I bought 13 polishes. That might sound crazy but I normally try and make a decently large order when I order polishes from overseas, considering how much shipping can cost, and how long it takes for parcels to arrive here. That's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it.

The thing was, I wasn't sure if I was going to like A-England polishes. I'd seen them around and hadn't thought much- although I quickly learnt, once they arrived, that photos do not do any of these polishes justice. Since then, a few more have wriggled their way into my collection, and I realised the other day I have 16 A-England polishes, most of them unused. Clearly there's only one solution to that- One month of blog posts, focussing on A-England polishes, to show off their beauty and how well they work in nail art as well as on their own. So for the next month, every manicure I post about will feature A-England polishes as the main 'ingredient' in each manicure.


To start things off, I grabbed two of the polishes I haven't had a chance to use yet- Iseult and Elaine. And since I'm in a polkadot kind of mood these days, I used a dotting tool to create a dotted french tip.




Iseult is a very pale pink shimmer polish, which needed three coats to get opaque enough for my liking, which isn't bad for a sheer colour like this one. Elaine is a deep aubergine purple creme polish, that was pretty much opaque in one coat, but I used two just to be sure. I painted my ring and thumb finger in Iseult, and the other three in Elaine, then used my dotting tool to place dots of the opposing colour. I needed to go over the dots of Iseult twice to make them stand out on the darker colour.


I absolutely adore this manicure, even more than I thought I would when I was going through the polishes and trying to decide what to try first. A-England polishes are a dream to apply- smooth and creamy and the dark colours are so well pigmented! I also find they wear very, very well. There's something almost...luxurious about these polishes, and I think this manicure is quite sophisticated looking, which goes well with that luxury feeling.


It's made me really excited to keep trying the A-England polishes in my stash! Stay tuned for more this month- I post twice a week on Tuesdays and Saturdays, so there's plenty of posts to get through all the amazing polishes I have to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment