Tuesday 16 April 2013

Month of A-England: Ophelia and Tess D'Urbervilles

I mentioned in my last post how I normally opt for darker polishes when my nails are short. And as much as I loved wearing something much much lighter for a change, I couldn't resist going back to my preferred dark colours for today's manicure.


A-England has a collection of polishes called Gothic Beauties, and I have two of them- Ophelia and Tess D'Urbervilles. All of the polishes in this collection seem to be gorgeous shimmering colours with a blackened base, and I adore polishes like that. I couldn't decide between the two today, so I decided to go for both at once- Ophelia on three fingers, with Tess on my thumb and ring finger, and then reversed on my other hand. As with all of the dark pigmented A-England polishes I've tried, these were both one coaters! How insane is that?


Ophelia is a blackened base with a beautiful violet shimmer. Tess D'Urbervilles has the same base, but instead of a violet shimmer, it's a gorgeous emerald green. What I love about this is that from a distance and out of the light, my nails appear to be black. But when I look closely I can see that hint of colour. And when the light hits the polish- so shimmery and gorgeous!


Unfortunately, I didn't get around to painting my nails until later in the evening and only got photos under indoor lighting and flash, so I don't think it fully shows off how gorgeous these colours are. I can't wait to see sunlight hitting them tomorrow! And I think I'm definitely sold on the Gothic Beauties collection and I'm going to have to get my hands on the rest of the collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment