Sunday 14 April 2013

Month of A-England: She Walks In Beauty swatch

Today's post is a day late because yesterday was such an overcast day that I wanted to wait until the morning to try and get a picture of this polish in the daylight.

I sat down yesterday to try and decide what manicure I would try, and which A-England polishes I would use. As I looked at She Walks In Beauty, I thought of plenty of ways to use it alongside another colour, perhaps on the tips of nails with a darker colour. Unfortunately I'd filed my nails down a few days ago, so I didn't think that sort of manicure would look as good with shorter nails.

I set the polish aside, but kept glancing back at it- and knew that it would look gorgeous enough on its own. Normally, when my nails are short I lean towards darker colours, so it'd be a lovely change for me.


She Walks In Beauty is a shimmery gold base with rose coloured hexes. Out of the light, it looks like a lovely golden polish. In the light- well, that's when it really starts to sparkle. Here I used two coats. You can still see the VPL, which doesn't bother me, but I suspect with 3 or 4 coats this would be totally opaque.



I'm not normally the hugest fan of gold- in fact, the only reason I bought this polish is that it came bundled with Lancelot during the promotion a few months back, and I loved the name. I adore Byron, so the name caught my attention immediately. I have to say, it's golden polishes like this that are slowly turning me around to love gold just as much as I love silver.


I can't wait to try this over a polish, like I'd originally considered, but I'm also really pleased with how stunning it looks on its own! 

No comments:

Post a Comment