Tuesday 9 April 2013

Month of A-England: jelly sandwich with Iseult and OPI The Living Daylights

I've been wanting to try a layered 'jelly sandwich' type manicure for awhile, but since my preference runs towards darker polishes, I never quite get the sheer and shimmery, matte-ified glitter look I had in my head.

Then the other day when I used Iseult for the first time, I realised that it would work fantastically! I've had OPI The Living Daylights sitting in my collection for awhile, and I knew it'd be perfect for this look.


A-England Iseult and OPI Living Daylights jelly sandwich manicure. Love it!




Over a layer of basecoat, I used alternating layers of Iseult and The Living Daylights for a total of three layers of Iseult and two of The Living Daylights. Iseult is a gorgeously shimmery pale pink, and The Living Daylights is a clear base with copper, silver, gold and teal hexagonal glitters. 



I love how layering the polishes changes the look of the glitters completely. As you can see on my middle finger, I accidentally took off part of the top most layer of Iseult during my clean up, so you can see how shiny the glitters in The Living Daylights normally are. I love how it mutes the glitter, so you still see the colours but without the in-your-face-ness of the shine. 


Luckily the formula on both polishes is great- Iseult goes on incredibly smoothly, and The Living Daylights gives a nice, easy coverage- I didn't have to dig around for glitters or dab them on, which made it much easier.

I'm loving trying out different manicures with the A-England polishes as I go through the month. I'll definitely be revisiting this gorgeous layered look with various glitters I have sitting around! 

No comments:

Post a Comment