Tuesday 26 February 2013

Swatch: Stay Behind, Catch a Wave by Elevation Polish

Today a long awaited parcel from Llarowe arrived bringing with it 7 glorious new polishes, and then my roommate surprised me with the OPI Euro Centrale mini collection (I love OPI mini collections so much!) so I have a zillion polishes I wanted to try and post today.

Instead I decided it was about time I tried the last of the lovely Elevation Polish colours I bought last month- Stay Behind, Catch a Wave. It's a glitter topper, so I spent a long time trying out different combinations of base colours- the obvious blues or whites or blacks, the lovely but predictable pinks, then some eye popping oranges, until I finally decided it would look great over the only yellow creme polish in my collection- OPI's Fiercely Fiona (also from a mini set!)

Elevation Polish Stay Behind, Catch a Wave over OPI Fiercely Fiona 



I love how it makes the glitters stand out, and how it also gives them an ever so slightly green tinge. As you can see, my fingernails are still little nubbins- I can't wait to grow them out again!


Stay Behind, Catch a Wave has an ever so slightly blue tinted base, with blue, teal and white circle glitters. I absolutely love circle glitters, and I desperately wanted this as soon as I saw it! Add to that some shimmery hexes, and a dash of microglitter, and you've got yourself one gorgeous polish!


I found this polish to have a great formula, although the larger circles did try and pool at the tips, so there was a tiny amount of dabbing. This is two coats of Fiercely Fiona over a basecoat, and then two coats of Stay Behind, Catch a Wave, with a couple of dabs here and there extra. And then just one coat of topcoat. It's not completely smooth, which I can live with, but I reckon one more layer of topcoat and it'd be amazingly smooth.


I really want to try this polish over so many other combinations- I think over green it would be very sea-esque, and when I was trying out colours it looked great over oranges and corals.

And I really can't wait to get my hands on some more circle glitter polishes. So gorgeous and unusual!




No comments:

Post a Comment