Saturday 16 March 2013

St Paddy's Day nail art

Where has the time gone? Between actually moving and then unpacking, not knowing which box my camera ended up in, and absolutely destroying my nails and skin around them during the move, I've barely been able to paint my nails, let alone photograph and blog about them! In fact, my nails were bare for almost a whole week! This is unheard of for me!

Anyway, since it's St Paddy's Day tomorrow, I figured I'd play around with some ideas for a suitable celebratory manicure. I got some striping tape a few months back and never really got around to using it, so I decided to do a striping tape manicure!




I started with my white Zoya, Purity, and then sponged on a bit of orange polish from LA Girl we got in a dotting kit. I used a coat of fast dry topcoat to hurry things along, then arranged striping tape in random patterns. And then I used the green that came along with the orange polish over the top. It wasn't as opaque as I'd have liked, but I think it worked out quite cool in the end.



I don't actually celebrate St Paddy's Day (at least, not in the way most people around these parts celebrate- ie, by drinking lots and lots!) but my roommate is Irish, born and bred, from Co. Laois. She's busy painting her nails with shamrocks and harps at the moment, and it looks great! I should probably also take a moment to repeat what she's drilled into me over the years- it's St Paddy's Day, definitely not St Patty's Day, dammit! :) So I've checked my post title a couple of times to make sure it's right, since she's the expert on these matters!


It's felt so good to get back into painting my nails and trying out some nail art! Stay tuned for more!


No comments:

Post a Comment