Tuesday 26 March 2013

Swatch: Butter London Dahling

One of my favourite colours in the whole world is a deep dusky rose pink. So when I came across Butter London Dahling for $15 in a bowl at Farmers a few weeks back, I snapped it up on the spot. Considering normally these polishes cost well over $30, it was a wonderful bargain anyway, and to make it even better, it filled a hole in my polish collection that really did need filling. Everyone needs a pink like this!


To give it a bit more sparkle, I added a layer of Elevation Polish Diasen to my thumb and ring fingers as accent nails. And I think the polishes compliment each other.





My experience with Butter London polishes has been uniformly wonderful. The polish goes on like- funnily enough- butter, and the pigmentation is so...dense, I guess is the way to describe it, that one coat would do. Here, I've used two coats, just to ensure all of the coverage is even. But I love the fact that all of the Butter London polishes I've tried are one coaters.


Actually, as you can see from the above picture, the colour is so dense that it makes it a tiny bit difficult for messy painters like me to efficiently clean up (especially with my hangnails that I'm still trying to grow out)! I take that as a bonus- no wishy-washy colour here!


I absolutely love this colour and I think it compliments my pale skin tone well! The polish itself is incredibly glossy- this photo is without any topcoat, and they were incredibly shiny as you can see in the picture. Of course, I added a decent layer of topcoat to help the manicure last.


Considering how hard I am on my nails, this was day three of wear. For me, this is incredible- just tip wear, which could have been covered up with a quick sweep of polish across the tips if I'd wanted to carry on wearing it. I can't wait to wear this polish again.

Now I'm off to ponder the empty state of my mailbox. What do you call a person who is currently waiting on seven packages from overseas, each of which contains embarrasingly more than 3 polishes? Is obsessed a strong enough word? I really hope they arrive soon- so many pretties en route to me, and it's driving me crazy not to have my hands on them, or them on my nails! 

No comments:

Post a Comment