Tuesday 19 March 2013

Swatch: Jindie Nails Candy Land Remix and Happy dance

It was a very happy day for me when I first discovered Jindie nails. So often I fall in love with a glitter packed polish, only to be disappointed with the formula or how it wears. But so far with the Jindie's I've tried, they've gone on easily and mostly worn for days.

Today I'm showing some swatches of Candy Land Remix and Happy Dance.


Candy Land Remix is a mix of large and small pink, yellow, purple, green and blue neon glitters in a white bas, and then a sprinkling of tiny blue glitters. This is three coats, with one layer of top coat to make it almost totally smooth, despite the large glitters.


I absolutely loved this polish! I'm lucky enough that I can wear whatever I want on my nails to work, but I know everyone isn't that lucky- so if you're looking for something bright, yet subtle, this is a great polish to try. The neons get nicely muted by the white base, which I think works great!

My only issue with this polish is that a couple of the glitters flaked off the first day I wore it! I'm not sure why, as it's never happened before- just a glitter popping off. I don't know if my layer of top coat was too thin, or if the base is so thin that there really wasn't anything holding it in place! Either way, it hasn't put me off, and I'm looking forward to wearing it again.


For a bit more in-your-face colour than Candy Land Remix, I went for Happy Dance- again three coats with one layer of top coat. Happy Dance is another white base with red, purple and teal blue glitters in a variety of shapes and sizes.


I knew automatically I would love this polish, as soon as I saw it, because this colour combination is my absolute favourite mix of colours. And I love the way the white base creates a variety of shades of all three colours, which I think works fantastically.


Ignoring the terrible state of my cuticles, I love how packed with glitter this polish is. I definitely didn't have to go hunting for the big glitters and they spread nicely on the nail too, which I think is down to the great formula Jindie polishes have.


This photo is taken with flash, because I didn't think the others did justice to the contrast of the white base with the bright pop of colour. Love it! This polish wore great- no issues with glitters popping off like I had with Candy Land Remix, and it was beautifully smooth too.

I'm looking forward to making my way through the rest of the Jindie polishes currently in my collection (and waiting impatiently for the ones I've recently ordered to arrive!).

No comments:

Post a Comment